English Quiz 1
Directions (Q. 1-5) : Rearrange each of the following five sentences A, B, C, D and E in a proper sequence so as to form a meaningful paragraph. Then answer the questions given below.
(A) Seema’s parents died in her early childhood.
(B) Her uncle who had been kind to her was dead.
(C) She spent most of her first ten years with her unkind aunt.
(D) She always treated her wickedly and not as a loving niece.
(E) Her three cousin sisters also treated her as a servant.
(F) Despite such ill treatments, she grew up as a sensitive and
1. Which of the following should be the second sentence ?
2. Which of the following should be the last sentence ?
3. Which of the following should be the first sentence ?
4. Which of the following should be the fifth sentence ?
5. Which of the following should be the Fourth sentence ?
SENTENCE COMPLETION QUESTIONS(6-10)
6. Don Quixote describes the adventures of a(n) ______ knight who
believes that windmills are giants and the barmaid Dulcinea is a
7. The ______ she felt for shopping made it impossible for her to
walk by a sale window without stopping.
8. The ______ espionage plot was so sophisticated it was impossible
to believe it was the work of teenage computer hackers.
9. Kinnel’s re-election is being threatened by a growing ______ of
disgruntled union members.
10. The architect designed the ceiling using wood ______ that would
remain uncovered, creating a rustic ambience in the living room.